Stand out from the crowd and get your website seen with a targeted and consistent online and offline digital marketing strategy
What is a Digital Marketing Strategy?
A digital marketing strategy is a set of planned actions performed online that aims to reach specific business goals. In simple terms, this means performing consistent actions at the right time using the most suitable online channels to generate leads, boost sales and improve relationships with your audience.
It’s the act of selling products and services through channels such as social media, SEO, email and mobile apps. It can be done online and offline, and in fact, both kinds are important for a well-rounded digital marketing strategy.
How we do Digital Marketing
1. Research – We take our time to listen to you and find out all about your business, your customers and the specific goals you have in mind to help put together a targeted marketing strategy. We’ll review your existing digital marketing presence and identify any gaps where you may have missed a trick. We’ll advise on the most suitable platforms where your target audience hang out. Once this research is complete, we can form a plan.
2. Create – Our digital marketing experts will work with you to make sure you have the right content in all the right places to improve your online visibility to your desired audience. Content can be anything from what’s written on your website, social media posts, paid advertising to blog writing.
3. Promote – We run digital marketing for both organic and paid searches in the various search engines and have a robust solution that can either integrate with your existing marketing activities or we can do the complete integration of that digital footprint for you. We’ll know when, how and where to promote your content.
4. Analyse – Analytics can help you make better business decisions and help analyse customer trends and satisfaction, which can lead to new – and better – products and services. We can set up the analytics and reporting tools on your website as part of a website build or development.
5. Optimise – As we understand the tech behind your website, we can optimise your technical SEO using targeted and specific keywords for your site to rank as high as possible for the most relevant searches. With the analytics data at our fingertips, your digital marketing strategy can be tweaked and fine-tuned to perfection, allowing you to focus on the areas that gave you the best results.
If some of the digital marketing jargon we’ve used has gone straight over your head, we’ve broken down some of the most popular terms for you.
Analytics or Web Analytics Tools
Analytics is the analysis of data generated by people’s activity on websites or mobile apps, for the purpose of discovering ways to improve websites and marketing campaigns.
Take the Google Analytics tool as an example. GA will drop a cookie on the user’s browser. Cookies (not the biscuit variety sadly) are small files that contain information about the user’s activities. Using these cookies, GA will know how a user behaves on your website and then collects this info to show you different reports.
Bot, Crawler or Spider
A program designed to browse the content on the Internet and collect information about it to help searchers find what they’re looking for.
A computer program used to navigate the Internet on computers, tablets and smartphones. Examples include Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari.
A word or a phrase typed into a search engine, which businesses can target as part of their marketing campaigns.
Results from a search engine that are not paid adverts.
PPC is an advertising system in which advertisers pay for users to click on their advertisements.
A listing’s position on a search engine results page
A tool that indexes and returns relevant digital content in response to users’ keywords. Popular Internet search engines include Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
SEM is a form of advertising that allows you to bid for your advertisement to show along with other search results for keywords that people are typing in. This lets your business be seen by people at the very moment they’re searching for the things your business offers.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
SEO is the process of boosting your website’s ranking so more users can find your website online. As you create content to address keywords related to your business, you have the potential to appear higher in the organic – or unpaid – search engine results for industry terms and phrases. And the higher you appear in search results; the more people will be able to find and contact your business.
The process of attracting visitors – often referred to as traffic – to websites, mobile apps and other digital assets.
URL or Uniform Resource Locator
The unique address of a page or piece of digital content on the Internet.