Why bother planting a tree?
Planting trees has proven to be one of the most efficient solutions to fight Climate Change and one of the easiest and most sustainable ways to positively affect the environment. We need trees now more than ever! Trees are our lifeline to cleaner air and a healthier environment.
But why should we bother planting trees in the first place? We can think of a few good reasons:
- Trees improve air quality by producing oxygen that humans and other organisms depend on to live.
- They take in carbon dioxide that humans and other organisms produce, offsetting harmful by-products of fossil-fuel burning.
- They moderate the effects of the sun by creating shade and blocking wind, and they clean the air by trapping dust, pollen and other pollutants.
- Planted in the right places around buildings, trees can significantly reduce harmful chemicals emitted from air-conditioning that cause damaging effects to the ozone layer.
- Trees grow deep into the soil, holding them firmly in place and help prevent soil erosion, especially when growing on hillsides and other steep terrain.
- Trees generate jobs and contribute raw materials for buildings, newspapers, books, etc. They are renewable, biodegradable and recyclable.
- They provide habitat, shelter and food for wildlife such as birds, squirrels and bugs and are fundamental to many ecosystems on Earth.
- Trees make people feel good. Workers are more productive when they see trees along their commute and from their office windows. A view of trees and green spaces from hospital windows has been found to increase the healing of patients.
- Landscapes that include trees help relax us, lower heart rates and reduce stress and anxiety. It’s been found that having green spaces with trees in cities can even help to reduce crime rates by about 50 percent.
What is Tree-Nation?
Tree-Nation is a non-profit organisation that allows citizens and companies to plant trees all around the world and offset their CO2 emissions.
Their mission is to reforest the world. Their reforestation and conservation projects are helping to restore forests, create jobs, support local communities and protect biodiversity.
Through the Tree-Nation platform, they aim to bring a technological solution to the problem of Deforestation, responsible for about 17% of all Climate Change emissions.
They want to use technology to make tree planting easy and provide support, advice and solutions to citizens and companies to help them transition towards a sustainable future.
At last count, these were their quite impressive stats with over 20 million trees planted compensating nearly two and a half billion tonnes of CO2 and thats 18,540 hectares reforested in 97 projects worldwide.
How can your business get involved?
Tree-Nation offers your business a comprehensive set of tools to allow you to plant trees and make the most of each tree planted. With just a few clicks, you can plant, keep track of your CO2 compensation and engage with your customers to build trust and loyalty around your company.
Benefits of getting involved:
Plant trees and compensate your CO2 emissions
Every time you plant a tree with Tree-Nation, they will meticulously calculate the amount of CO2 you offset based on the tree species you choose and its location.
All the CO2 compensated is accounted for and displayed inside your very own Company Forest.
This way, you can keep track of your company’s CO2 emission offsets and communicate this info with confidence on your marketing campaigns.
Add value to your products and services
Tree-Nation transforms trees into beautiful e-gifts that you can easily link to your products and services. Offering a tree with every sale is an affordable and elegant way to boost your sales and add value to your products while taking care of the planet.
Offer trees and increase your customer loyalty
You can personalise your trees and offer them to your clients and employees. This is a powerful tool to create a strong and lasting bond between you and your customers. Trees are offered through a code which you can send to your clients using either Tree-Nation’s emailing tool or by your own means.
Grow a sustainable brand
Fighting Climate Change can seem out of reach for small or medium companies. At Tree-Nation, they make it easy for all businesses to become carbon neutral, communicate about their planting activities and enjoy the benefits of a solid Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Your customers will come back to plant more
The TN platform has been designed around your end-customers, as a powerful tool to fight Climate Change. Using their SEEDS© system and gamification mechanics, your clients will be able to plant more trees, and for free! Customers will keep coming back on a regular basis to visit their trees, participate in the SEEDS and read the updates on planting projects. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Our Creative Fabrik Forest
We’re proud to have teamed up with Tree-Nation ourselves to create our very own Creative Fabrik Forest.
Since the start of the year, we’ve been doing our bit in the fight against Climate Change and these are our current stats: